Please read the following terms and conditions for your use of the website, dashboard account and services.
Right to Make Changes to the Agreement.
- Goodwill Tutoring Services may update the terms and conditions of this Terms of Service Agreement, at its sole discretion, without prior notice to you (the “Client”). Goodwill Tutoring Services recommends that from time to time the Client review this Terms of Service Agreement as any amended terms and conditions shall be binding upon the Client.
- Both in-person and online tutoring services are available. This may be subject to change without notice.
- Available courses are listed on the website and in the booking system on the dashboard account.
- Additional courses may be offered in the future. Contact Goodwill Tutoring Services for any course not listed.
- All sessions must be booked through the dashboard account.
- When booking a session, please let the tutor know the topics the Client/Client’s child is currently learning in class.
- Please upload copies of the notes, assignments, quizzes and/or tests in “My Files” on the dashboard account so the tutor can prepare the materials for those topics ahead of time if needed.
- All sessions are in one hour blocks.
- If the Client wishes to cancel the session with no charge, the Client must cancel on the dashboard account 12 hours before the session.
- If the Client wishes to cancel the session within the 12 hour limit of the session, please message the tutor through the dashboard account.
- If the tutor cannot attend a scheduled session, the tutor will give the Client as much notice as possible given the circumstances and the session fee will be cancelled.
- If the Client wishes to change the session subject and/or type (online/in-person), please contact the tutor through the dashboard account.
- If there are any issues with the booking system, please contact Goodwill Tutoring Services.
In-Person Tutoring Sessions
- All in-person sessions are subject to immediate change given current Public Health Orders and any changes thereto.
- All in-person tutoring sessions will be held at the office in Brandon (#7 – 930 Lorne Ave – first door to the left in the lower level of the building).
- Please bring all of the required school materials.
- Metered parking is available on the street.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early in order to start the session on time.
- If the door is closed, please have a seat on the chairs provided beside the door.
- There are washrooms available in the building.
- The office will be sanitized between each session.
- Masks may be required.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided in the office.
- The Client must follow the current Covid-19 regulations.
- The required guidelines the Client must follow will be posted on the website and the tutoring office door.
Online Tutoring Sessions
- Goodwill Tutoring Services can provide online tutoring sessions through Zoom and Teams.
- If the Client wishes to use a different online platform, please contact the tutor.
- All communication must be made through “My Chat” on the dashboard account.
- In urgent circumstances, both Goodwill Tutoring Services and the Client may contact by phone, text or email.
- Tutoring services prices are listed on the dashboard account booking system.
- All prices include GST.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- The Client may pay after each session or at the end of each month.
- Goodwill Tutoring Services will provide a receipt if requested.
- Payment must be made on the due date on the invoice provided by Goodwill Tutoring Services. There will be a 2% charge after every 30 days past due, 24% per annum.
Dashboard Account Password Security
- The Client is responsible for protecting their password and the Client agrees to keep their password secure. The Client is solely responsible for any activity that occurs through the use of their account or under their username whether authorized or unauthorized.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to notify Goodwill Tutoring Services if the Client’s password is lost or if the Client suspects unauthorized use of their account has occurred. Failure to do so may result in immediate termination of the dashboard account.
- The Client agrees they will not:
- Email or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity.
- Email or otherwise transmit any content that they do not have the right to transmit.
- Email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
- Email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable provincial, federal or international law.
- For Clients with a child under the age of 18 years who is receiving the tutoring services from Goodwill Tutoring Services, it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to monitor all activity on the dashboard account.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The material on this website and dashboard account may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Goodwill Tutoring Services.
- Goodwill Tutoring Services makes no promises, warranties or guarantees with regard to student improvement or performance as a result of the tutoring received.
- Goodwill Tutoring Services makes no warranty that use of this website and dashboard account will be uninterrupted, timely, or error free.
Limitation of Liability
- Goodwill Tutoring Services shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising from this website, dashboard account, its contents or services provided by Goodwill Tutoring Services.
- Clients shall indemnify and hold Goodwill Tutoring Services, its principals and employees free and harmless from any and all claims or demands, including but not limited to reasonable lawyers’ fees that arise from or are related to an act or omission by a Client in connection with the use of the website, dashboard account or services provided.
- Goodwill Tutoring Services will not contact third parties, share Client information or Client documents with third parties without the express written consent and permission of the Client.
- The Client will provide information to Goodwill Tutoring Services when registering on the Website and/or using the services provided.
- Goodwill Tutoring Services tries to keep all information secure from unauthorized access however, transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed 100% secure, so any information submitted by the Client is done so at the Client’s own risk.
- While Goodwill Tutoring Services have implemented commercially reasonable measures to secure Client information from unauthorised use, Goodwill Tutoring Services cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures. The Client acknowledges that it is providing its personal information at their own risk.
- If the Client wishes to delete the dashboard account, the Client must provide Goodwill Tutoring Services a written record (letter or email) stating that they wish to terminate the account.
- Goodwill Tutoring Services may, in its sole discretion, terminate the Client’s use of the website, dashboard account and/or services, for any reason including, without limitation, if it believes the Client has acted inconsistently with the spirit of or violated the Terms of Service.